Work, Health & Safety Policy
- WH&S Policy
Freight Hub Logistics Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring all reasonably practicable measures are taken to provide places of work that do not risk the health and safety of any person. The purpose of this Work Health and Safety (WH&S) Policy is to provide this commitment to all personnel of Freight Hub Logistics – which includes our employees, contactors and their staff, visitors, customers and other persons affected by our workplace and work environment activities.
Our WH&S goal
Freight Hub Logistics acknowledges its social and statutory responsibility for health and safety. Therefore, the company’s WH&S goal is to ensure the business operates and develops a safe and sustainable organisation whereby the operating environment and business culture protects the health, safety and wellbeing of all our personnel. This goal is underpinned by the company’s commitment to:
- Making sure its personnel always get home safely to their families and loved ones;
- Actively managing continuous improvement in safety awareness, and training;
- Reducing work environment risks through hazard identification, assessment and control;
- Providing appropriate financial and physical resources to assist in proactive and effective management of WH&S strategies and action;
- Improve the WH&S management system through review, evaluation and measurement;
- Managing and empowering an effective business culture that prioritises personnel WH&S.
in order to achieve our goals above, Freight Hub Logistics is focused on continual improvement of the WH&S management system - consisting of effective training and safe work practices. This strategy is based upon risk management concepts that include:
- Establishment of WH&S responsibility across all work environments;
- Effective consultative mechanisms to ensure involvement of Freight Hub Personnel in risk identification, and development of risk minimisation strategies;
- Identification of hazards and ensuring all reasonable measures are taken towards effective minimisation of any foreseeable risks to health and safety;
- Provision and maintenance of plant, equipment, substances, premises and facilities which are without risk to health and safety in so far as that is reasonably achievable;
- Documented safe work procedures;
- Provision of adequate supervision, information, instruction and training, including induction programs where appropriate, that enable all Freight Hub Personnel to work safely; and
- Reporting and evaluation of WH&S related matters and initiatives.
Freight Hub Logistics seeks to continue to manage and develop a positive workplace culture across its operation - where WH&S is considered to be a core value, safe conduct is encouraged and respected, and continual improvement remains a key driver in operating safe working environments that ensure everyone gets home safely.
Freight Hub Logistics requires all personnel in its working environments to assist in the goals of our WH&S strategy, by taking all reasonable steps to avoid unsafe WH&S risks and conduct, report risks encountered, and to actively engage in compliance with all of the company’s requirements for health and safety.